30.5.06

Ballad of a sweet young man

There was a time
I trusted everyone,
the world was all mine
and still remained some.

I travelled light
with my heart wide open,
never had a fight
or a bitter word spoken.

Back on that time,
I didn't know love.
A girl to call mine
or supper in the stove.

I figured everything
would come when I needed.
I just had to sing
and rip what was seeded.

I don't really regret
any one of those days,
I sure don't expect
they'll return on my prays.

But I can't help to ask
what really has changed,
and the reason this mask
is feeling so strange.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anónimo said...

poderia continuar... tem aí uma bela estória e pano para mangas.
esse poema parececeu-me parte de algo.
parecem dez linhas da página vinte e cinco de um total de cem.

10:35 da manhã  
Blogger MySelf said...

touching...

1:42 da tarde  
Anonymous Anónimo said...

Gostei!

8:18 da tarde  
Blogger Inês Leitão said...

I just had to sing
and rip what was seeded.


Isto faz todo o sentido hoje.
(são 9:46)

8:47 da manhã  
Blogger Paulo Cunha Porto said...

Time will come when the poet will find it all «so amusing», as «MY WAY» tells us.
Good show.

4:09 da tarde  
Blogger Maria Carvalhosa said...

I wish I had met this "sweet young man"... ;) :)
Um beijo, João.

5:57 da tarde  
Blogger SDF said...

My guess is that this sweet young man still exists under the strange (and heavy) mask called experience...

... as it's still possible to spot his traces between the (mask) lines...

shhhhuuuut! I won't tell! ;-)

8:49 da tarde  

Enviar um comentário

<< Home